Friday, October 9, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Yesterday morning during Bible study that I'm hosting at my house (6 women from church) Kenly was asleep during the first part and Booboo was in my room watching a movie. Everything was going great. The discussion was great, the company was great and the coffee, of course, was great. Kenly woke up about the time we started the DVD so she made her way around the room saying "HHIIIII" to everyone. It was the day after her 1st birthday so everyone was giving her birthday hugs and kisses. She settled into someone's lap when Booboo came in the living room and said "Mommy, my nose". I immediately knew what he meant. I said "Did you stick a raisin in your nose?!" Sure enough, there it was! WAY up there. I took him to the bathroom trying not to interrupt the DVD. I could see it up there but wanted to be sure and couldn't find a flash light. I was calm on the outside and screaming on the inside. I go back in the living room with him and tell everyone what he had done so we stop the video and everyone prays over him. We thought a bulb syringe might suction it out but the suction wasn't strong enough. Oh boy! There was no way I could stick tweezers up there. I called the nurse at his doctor's office and they tell me to take him to the ER! Not what I wanted to hear. I did decide though that I would take him to Urgent Care. So here i am, changing diapers, stocking the diaper bag, changing their clothes when all of a sudden HE SNEEZES! That raisin shot out of his nose onto the carpet like a rocket! Sherley, the saint that stayed with us, yelled "IT CAME OUT!". Cheryl, who had gone for a potty break, ran out of the bathroom praising the Lord!!! Oh man, it was hilarious! The kids were clapping, we were clapping and high fiving! One thing is for sure...when you have kids there is NEVER a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment