Thursday, September 17, 2009

Praise You in this storm

The night of my 32nd birthday I had a slight sore throat. The next day I had a full blown holy-crap-I-can't-swallow sore thoat. Well, one of the sacrifices we made when we decided I would stay home was for me to not have health insurance. It's a small price to pay in my eyes but it also means I can't run out to the doctor at every ache and pain either. So I didn't go to the doctor but I had a feeling that it was strep throat. I had never had it before but the symptoms were definitely there. I had some antibiotics left from when I had mastitis right after Kenly was born so I took those and it appeared to work...at least for a few days. Well, that following Monday Taylor came home from school early with a sore throat. I made an appointment for him to go to the doctor the following day. That morning he woke up and felt fine but Booboo didn't feel so good. I took him and the test showed positive for strep. A shot of antibiotic later, he is fine. (The shot made his leg sore but other than that it's a miracle drug) So this morning...9 days after my initial sore throat Kenly is running a fever. The doctor has called in a prescription for her so I don't have to take her into the office. And of course once again MY throat hurts. I may just have to suck it up and go to the doctor. argh. This leads me to asking God to first of all heal my children and second of all thanking Him for these minor illnesses that make me truly grateful for otherwise very healthy kids. Lord, I praise you in this storm! It will pass and You will remain forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment