Friday, November 4, 2011

What Melts My Heart

I enjoy seeing beautiful things. I love seeing mountain scenery, gorgeous ocean views and the landscapes that God has blessed us with. Just like every mom, I think my kids are the most adorable little boogers on the planet to look at.  They delight me in so many ways and those times definitely outweigh the times that they drive me nuts. The times that I watch my kids with their daddy are some of the sweetest. When he walks in the door from work, Kenly jumps up from where ever she is and runs to him with open arms, yelling "DADDYYYYY". I believe that no matter what he just experienced as a police officer just disappeared in that moment.  Because of his schedule at work he can't be home every night to put them to bed but when he is home the kids expect daddy to come in their rooms, pray with them each individually and snuggle as if they are the only child on the planet and the only thing that matters (because they are). 

Taylor had a bad day at school a few days ago. I'm not sure what got into him because in his four years of school the only behavior problems we've had to deal with is him being a little too talkative (not sure where the heck he got that from). So anyway, he came home from school with a note that made both of us not sure exactly how to deal with it. We sat at the kitchen table with Taylor and talked it out. Daddy was less than thrilled about the events of Taylor's day since he often has to visit the schools in his uniform to deal with kids that are "actin' a fool".  We got our point across to Taylor and at the end of it we both knew he was disappointed with himself.  My husband, with tears in his eyes, held our sweet little boy in his arms and told him he too had made mistakes and that no matter what he would always love him more than anything in the world.  I'm not gonna lie, I was a mess!!  I'm not sure what kind of impact that had on Taylor but I'm guessing it was way more effective than his daddy screaming at him and sending him to his room. 

Yes, I'm bragging on what an awesome daddy my kids have. He's not perfect. He's made mistakes. He's done some really stupid things.  He is also the most amazing daddy to our kids that I could possibley ask for and I love him more than he'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment