Friday, October 7, 2011

My birthday girl

I remember it so clearly. Going to the doctor, two days overdue to have my baby girl. My sister, Sheila was with me and there we sat in the waiting room....waiting. I was finally seen and Dr. Conrad told me I was 4 centimeters and I was going to meet my baby that day. We drove to the hospital, ate a bowl of soup and was admitted around 12:30. Dr. Conrad came at 1:00, broke my water and after an awesome shot in my back, I delivered my sweet baby girl at 6:00 pm on October 7, 2008. I would push babies out every day if they were guaranteed to be that easy! After having 2 boys I wasn't completely convinced that she was a girl until I saw "the goods". I lifted the blanket and said "she's got a tu-tu!!!" I was so happy to be holding my baby girl. Kenly Faith had arrived.

Taylor still takes credit for Kenly being in the world today. He did pray for a baby sister when he was 4 years old. As much as she drives them crazy, the boys adore her and protect her.

Today she is 3 years old. I've witnessed her first smile, her first steps, her first words (although I think she came out talking). I've experienced all her various fashion moments and I've even learned how to french braid. I'm amazed by her every day and thank God for giving us such a wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment