Sunday, November 1, 2009

Changes

Over the past few years there have been so many changes in me that I couldn't name them all. I believe one major thing has been my outlook on marriage. The view I held for a long time came alot from pride -which I got honest from two very independent sisters and a very strong, opinionated mom- was that I really didn't need a man (ie my husband) that I could support myself and our child (at the time all we had was Taylor) on my own. I didn't take into account the word support means so much more than just meeting physical needs. Sure, I could raise my kid on the income I made at the law firm. The part that I failed to think about was being able to support myself and most importantly Taylor emotionally or spiritually. I didn't have a spiritual life to speak of at all back then. Praise God he snatched ahold of me at the height of my pride and told me the truth...I do need my husband.

1 comment:

  1. that is the truth sister! you got a good one too. i thank God for mine everyday.

    ReplyDelete